BEYA is committed to meeting its public sector duties and acknowledges that we have a statutory duty to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Promote equality of access and opportunity within our school and within our wider community.
- Promote positive attitudes to difference and good relationships between people with different backgrounds, genders, cultures, faiths, abilities and ethnic origins.
BEYA – Equality Objectives. Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation Objective
The child’s voice is developed within the delivery of the Early Years curriculum.
Review how we consult with children in relation to children having a greater influence in determining their learning journeys.
- Every child has an individualised learning journey planned and monitored through our Observation of play and learning system (OPAL).
- Reflective practices maximise the potential for staff to observe and listen to children.
- Child questionnaires are used to enable children to share their views and influence change.
BEYA – Equality Objectives. Advance Equality of Opportunity Between People Objective
- Robust systems for monitoring pupil progress in place and monitored regularly.
- To support and broaden opportunities for vulnerable families.
- OPAL ensures that all children are supported to meet learning milestones.
- Groups and individuals at risk of underachievement are swiftly identified and interventions planned.
BEYA – Equality Objectives. Foster Good Relations Between People
- To develop pupil understanding of tolerance and respect for others.
- The curriculum is rich in opportunities for children to learn about others within the world around them and the world beyond
- Children are kind and considerate, displaying an understanding and respect for themselves and others.